COLUMBUS, Ohio – State Rep. Michael Stinziano has been selected as the State of Ohio director for the Young Elected Officials Network, a national group that is dedicated to uniting and supporting progressive elected leaders who share a passion for building communities that reflect values of freedom, fairness and opportunity.
According to the organization, the YEO Network supports elected leaders aged 35 and under as they define issues, develop solutions and respond to the needs of their communities.
“I’m pleased to help lead this progressive organization in Ohio,” said Stinziano, a Columbus Democrat. “By exchanging ideas and developing our leadership skills, YEO Network members will be better able to transform our visions of public policy into reality.”
Among the issues important to YEO Network members:
- Empowering and Educating Communities (early, K-12 and higher education)
- Defending Workers and Families (financial access and economic justice/budget and tax reform)
- Expanding Democracy (elections and ethics reform/voter suppression)
- Ensuring a Sustainable Future (energy and the environment)
- Building a Health and Inclusive Society (health care, reproductive justice)
A former director of the Franklin County Board of Elections, Stinziano is serving his second two-year term in the Ohio House of Representatives.
More information about the YEO Network is available at: http://www.yeonetwork.org/.